BYLAWS OF THE TRI-DISTRICT
The name shall be "TRI-DISTRICT
Oversight of Contra Costa County healthcare issues.
Members shall be the elected and/or appointed directors
to the three Contra Costa County Healthcare Districts:
• Los Medanos Community Healthcare District
• Mt. Diablo Healthcare District
• West Contra Costa Healthcare District
There shall be a total of fifteen consisting of five directors
from each District.
The Chairman shall be the chairman of the host district
whose responsibilities shall will include:
• Making the meeting room reservation.
• Preparing the agenda (after receiving input from the
other Districts and conferring with the Recording Secretary).
The Recording Secretary shall be an appointed non-member
(without a vote) who will:
• Ensure the agenda is distributed two weeks prior
to each quarterly and/or special meeting.
• Attend and record meeting minutes.
• Transcribe and distribute meeting minutes within ten
days following each meeting to ensure coordination and action
Meetings shall be held four times a year in the months of
February, May, August and November on the second Wednesday
of the designated meeting month:
• The time shall be 7:00 to 8:30 PM.
• Annual meeting: none designated.
• Special meetings may be called by the Board or by
agreement of the three District Chairmen.
• A quorum shall be nine (9) members to include a minimum
of two (2) members from each District.
• Instead of a majority, a 3/5 vote shall be required
for passage of any action.
May be established as needed; to be appointed
or selected at a regular meeting.
To be developed.
Roberts Rules of Order Newly Revised
(1990 or 2000 edition) shall govern in all cases to which
they are applicable and they are not inconsistent with these
bylaws, any special rules of order that may have been adopted,
and the "Brown Act."
• May be amended at any regular meeting providing
notice has been included in the call to meeting and shall
require a 2/3 vote to be adopted (10 votes); or
• By unanimous approval of the total membership without